Sunday 24 February 2013

Interludes...



I began writing something this morning that I wasn’t completely ready to write let alone post online so I typed it up and saved it for later. Blogging is fantastic and I know my limitations when it comes to sharing and I promise when the time is right, I’ll set that particular blog free.
This is probably going to be one of my shorter entries; it’s mostly about the music. In relation the blog I couldn’t share, the theme of it would fit nicely with this piece of music:



...but the more I listen to the song the deeper I want to write. There’s nothing quite like music to help stir your thoughts and truly connect you with your emotions. I’ve been avoiding myself (yes, myself) for a while now and I’ve realised that isn’t the most helpful use of my time. In the last few weeks certain things have happened to me indirectly and I’ve discovered it would be more useful to ‘ground’ and ‘centre’ myself as opposed to flit from one thought to another. A result of this is I’m thinking in more of an orderly fashion, I’m not caught up in negative moods or thoughts and the smile has returned to my face.
Since Tuesday I’ve been feeling like this:


 I do have the odd moment when this creeps in:


Not to write this off as a depressing song, truth be told I actually love it, but it's sombre enough to effective describe what I'm attempting to convey. 

One song that gets me out of a rut is always: 


And when I'm out, there's nothing but ...


No comments:

Post a Comment