Sunday 24 February 2013

Sometimes a view is just a view...



In a recent blog I began the final paragraph like I was concluding an essay. I also didn’t really give what I was saying much thought. Often when we write, often when we think; we don’t allow the ideas in our heads to fully form before shooting them out into the world with no hope of pulling them back, so I’m here today to admit that I was wrong ... I do miss love. 
However things ended lasted year I can’t ignore the good times, the silly conversations or quiet exchanges from her eyes to mine. I don’t have anyone to hold in the morning, walk to the station because they start work earlier than I do and accompanying them just feels right, and I don’t have anyone to lean on my shoulder when their spirit has taken a hit.

After a lot of thought about that particular relationship, I’ve chosen to forgive. We’re all individuals and have our reasons for the things we do and although those decisions often have a way of hurting people, whether we allowed ourselves to be honest and discuss it with our significant others or made those choices independently, who or what would I be if I held a grudge. I certainly wouldn’t be able to move on and be with anyone else with any semblance of clarity in my heart.
Additionally, there’s no advantage in playing the victim either. I don’t doubt that I played a part in the change of heart that caused the relationship to end and though I’m still to this day not completely sure of the reasons why/how because I wasn’t given any real specifics, it’s not within me to hate another human being. Sometimes all you can do is wish the best for everyone around you and quietly enjoy the view.

I wasn’t planning on posting this anytime soon, but my previous blog, along with all the musical entries attached; allowed me to see this blog for what it truly is – a better way forward.

And in the style of someone who loves sweet endings here’s a musical interlude and, even though I'm not religious this song does what it says on the can.

You look so much better when you ...




No comments:

Post a Comment