Thursday 3 February 2011

WHOOP WHOOP ...

... dats da sound of tha POLICE!

KRS-ONE couldn't have said it any better. I might go home and play the track just to cement the realisation in my mind that I've seen a lot of FUZZ between Camberwell and Hither Green today.

Why so much police presence?

Some of it was to assist the ticket inspectors, a portion was for an accident (probably a serious one) for the three ambulances that attended and the emissions checks were happening behind the Lewisham Shopping Centre.
There was more, racing here and there but anytime I looked up I saw nothing but black and blue.

A few years ago I might have been interested (nosey). I may have joined in with the meaningless conversations people nearby were having about the volume of police and whether it was necessary.
Nowadays I'm thankful that there are men and women out there willing to put themselves in harms way to make sure things run smoothly.
Put aside my bad experiences with them, the things I've seen individuals do and the views of certain officers, they're there to help and they are by far; more dangerous when they travel in twos or threes TRUST ME.

Is it a job I could do? HELL NO! I wasn't bullied in school so I don't have a point to prove (I kid, I joke - on Fridays).

I say BIG up to them though, they do deserve props now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment