Wednesday 2 February 2011

Being 'that guy'

In no way am I giving myself brownie points or reach round to pat myself on the back but I've come to realise that I am 'that guy'.
You know, the guy who has all the good advice for bad problems, thinks rationally when everyone else is running for the fire exit. The guy who can keep a secret and never forgets a birthday.
While I'm busy being 'that guy' I rarely have a break. Don't get me wrong; making other people happy is off the chain, the lack of annual leave from being 'that guy' is eroding my resolve slightly.
A lot, and I mean A LOT is going on right now professionally and personally, mostly good some; not so good. This is the first time I've wanted a sabbatical from myself. How crazy is that? I should be careful what I wish for. Not being me could be a lot worse than being me.
No apologies will be given for the several paragraphs of self indulgence, after all, I'm entitled to some, I am - 'that guy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment