Friday 14 January 2011

Spellchecker!

There's this animal inside everyone that is quite scary if let loose.

Some people are totally unaware it exists; others know it's there but for them it's a very small creature that wouldn't damage a feather. For me, the beast is very large, has powerful hind legs and very sharp teeth. It roams around looking for inconsistencies and when it locates any the policy applied is to terminate/delete/devour, however you choose to describe it.
If you haven't already guessed what I'm talking about then look at all the clues.

I've been living in fear of this beast for a very long time and even now as I type away into the early hours of the morning I can feel its breath on my back, smell its fur and hear its thoughts.

Just as I point the cursor to the spellcheck button it backs off slowly keeping bloodshot eyes on me until I do what it wants, at which point massive claws scratch the already worn floor and this familiar yet frightening animal lays down in the corner and watches as I raise my hands to continue typing.



No comments:

Post a Comment