Sunday 24 August 2014

Changing Lives


Sourced from Google Images

Being this inspired to put pen to paper, or in this case, fingers to keys hasn’t happened in a while. Lately, my time has been consumed with growing my business and plugging myself and my time into that during the moments I’m awake.

Tonight’s blog is a combination of lots of little things that has brought me back here with a view to share a few thoughts. The overwhelming theme this evening that I’m compelled to write about is life changing – no literally – I’m talking about; changing lives.

The things we say and do for each other, good or bad, have the potential to send us on paths of varying pain or pleasure. You might have had the desire in your mind to do something risky, out of your comfort zone, but you were too scared until some random person; or a good friend said: “Go on, why not give it a try...” and here you are, doing things with your life that you thought you’d never do, never thought you had the strength to do.

In light of what I just wrote in the previous paragraph, it’s so important not to be overly critical about yourself and the state of play your life is in, especially if you feel like life for you currently isn’t so great. We can all identify with times when things were not as sparkly or shiny as we’d like. During those times why not dedicate a portion of your energy into making someone else happy, I guarantee you’ll be happy too as a result. If a friend is debating a serious decision, don’t tell them what to do, help them to find the answer on their own. The best part about discovery is when you’re equipped with the tools and support to engage in it on your own.

As hard as life can be, why make it harder by spending precious hours being angry at other people. Do you have a passion? Is there something you’ve always wanted to do? Why not give over the time to get on with the things your heart is asking you to do, and thus make your heart ‘happy’.

Are you reading this and thinking; I’ve got so much negativity around me, it’s impossible to think straight’ and if that’s your existence right now, what’s stopping you being the person to send out the positive vibes missing from the circle of negative things trying to permeate your everyday life... I’m not saying this stuff is easy. I’m not saying you should listen and do as I say either; I’m merely handing over a different way of looking at things.
I was in a crappy place a few days ago for a number of reasons and within that crappy place, during those crappy moments, I thought: why can’t I flip it all 180 degrees, turn that frown into a smile, that dirty look into one of empathy and so on and so forth, and then it hit me – RECYCLE EVERYTHING!

So that’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the last several days. Anything I deem to have the potential to bring me down, I change it in my head, and it works. It takes some getting used to, and don’t get me wrong if you still want to grab a friend and have a rant; don’t avoid the opportunity, but as I said earlier – make someone else’s day brighter then work on yours...

We spend a hell of a lot of time looking for people to love when the one person we need to love is the person you are right now, in this moment and every moment that came before and after. Once we master that, other people gravitate towards us in floods. I can honestly say this is true, it works, I wouldn’t bullshit you for the sake of saying it on my blog to get you to read anything additional that I may write. Try it... Forget about that awesome person you’re trying to be with (it’s incredibly likely that very person has done exactly what I’m suggesting to you).

In summary:
-Make others feel good
-Think positively in the face of hardship
-Get out of your comfort zone
-Love ‘you’ first not last
-Make your heart happy

And like I do with my blogs I’m ending with a song. This song in particular is one my dad used to play when I was younger, it reminds me of a time when life was awesomely cool. I listen to it now I’m older and really hear the words and in some way I think my dad was teaching me something that he knew I’d eventually figure out for myself. I plan on letting him know I have...


















1 comment: