Tuesday 11 March 2014

That First Kiss

Image sourced from Google
This blog is definitely inspired by a bunch of events and not least the video pasted at the bottom of this piece of text (feel free to scroll down right now, watch and hopefully scroll back and continue reading).

I’m finding my train rides home from work consumed with jotting down the shiniest thought I’ve had all day. I see love everywhere I go. I saw it in the clip below...

...That 'first kiss'...

We all want it to be our last and have an eternity of first kisses with that special person but it doesn't always pan out that way.
On the plus side, the opportunity to experience another first kiss has its merits. You're back to that nervous awkward moment that you'd dreaded, hoped you'd get right, and maybe succeeded in pulling off the best kiss, like... ever in the history of kisses – secretly in my head during a really good first kiss I’m thinking: HA YOU’RE MINE NOW, Mwuha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

'New' is fantastic. Keeping things fresh and alive once that initial moment has past is what some of us tend to forget. Wanting that first kiss to be one of many with that other person is motivation enough to nurture a relationship in its early stages. After a while you get used to those lips, so every so often try to explore them. I’ve spent more than half of the time I’ve been on this planet working on my damn technique, and with every pair of lips you kiss, there’s subtle adjustments necessary to compensate for size, fullness, depth, duration – it’s a study and I’ve wrote a dissertation on the act in my head.

I've been given the opportunity to have another first kiss and I'm conscious that I don't squander it on a frivolous pair of lips.

I saw the video below that you've probably already taken a cheeky peek at and it made me think about how the planets population has the capacity to engage with each other and how 'perfect' strangers are able to develop something amazing out of literally nothing at all. Human beings are wonderful creatures minus all the jealousy, maliciousness and back-biting.

But am I confusing the power of a kiss with basic chemistry? I could very well be, or, how ridiculously (I love the word ridiculous - you've been warned) fantastic is it when you do connect with another person. Nothing beats ‘new lips’ – nah, that isn’t true at all... Two people with the desire to learn each other; inside and out trumps ‘new’ every time. 


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love a good first kiss!! I love kissing in general actually. It's one of my most favorite things. I even like a hot (probably tipsy) make out with an almost total stranger just because it's so fun kiss someone new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it, why am I in the UK?! ;-) xXx

    ReplyDelete