Wednesday 14 September 2011

Thoughts, some profound, others not so deep ...


I’m awake after 11pm, not because I’m forcing it, or I’m scared of falling asleep, but because I’m full of life at the moment and I gotta get some of my thoughts outta my head before they becoming echoes and I totally forget why they were there in the first place.

I've been given another excuse to write (not that I ever need one). Someone posted a video of Will Smith, a sort of collage of videos lasting under 10 minutes where we see Will talk about life, the universe, fears, motivation; a real plethora of profound stuff that didn’t go over my head and instead got me thinking, a lot.
One of the quotes amongst many that I took away from the clip was: “ ...there's no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A ..." which led me to think about how much focus I give any one thing and was it enough to simply go in, fangs out, with no contingency plan. Basically what he’s saying here is; we have to do the best we can do at everything we do, no excuses, half measures or mediocre attempts. Making that a mantra (and I won’t front) will be difficult, but what’s stopping me?

Out of all the times over the last few months that I’ve logged onto Facebook and seen the regular trail of links that I glaze over, sometimes pause to look at or completely ignore, tonight has been significantly different. Several of the posts/links/statuses made me think, really think, and that’s a good thing because often I find the home page as useful as a damp paper towel. It was good to see some thought being put into the posts this evening and throughout the day, and for it to happen all in a single 24hrs is a feat of epic proportions.

So, not that I’m currently ranting – well I guess the above was a poke, not much of a ‘dig’ to be fair, but kudos where they’re due to the Facebookers out there that made for an interesting home page.

I digressed and hopefully you’re still with me, I didn’t mean to but it happens sometimes (apart from Saturdays - I’m like cupids arrow on a weekend, straight and true!).

I started off this blog by saying I was full of life. I blame that on a few people as much as the experiences I’ve had recently; I use the word ‘blame’ in the most endearing sense of the word, if that’s possible.
I have to cherish all the bad stuff that’s happened before I get to the good. Regardless of it being a really jacked up year to begin with, hopefully those who know me can agree that I don’t complain much (corrections are welcome, I sometimes lie on a Wednesday morning) or at least not enough to not see the positive side of a negative experience. I think that’s where some individuals slip up. When things go pear shaped, the time spent moaning about it is really unnecessary. Imagine if we took all the time spent complaining and added it up, I’m sure we’d buy back hours, maybe days/weeks.
Here’s a crazy thought – what if, with all that time we just stole back, we did something totally random like; got on with plan A! How frikkin’ awesome would we be then?! I have no flippin’ idea but I’m picturing YOU reading this now and you have a wicked golden aura around you and a massive ‘I’m the shizzle’ smile on your face.
Not that doing any of that positive reinforcement stuff is easy, but it’s good to just get out of your own way for a hot minute and let the universe, in all its glory, swallow you up because you spent the entire day attracting ‘life’ and life snatched you up for a party.

Where all this is coming from?
A quote?
A home page?
A realisation that because I’m breathing the fun hasn’t ended?
Who the hell knows, who the hell cares ...

What’s important is that instead of trying we ‘do’, instead of struggling ‘let’s get on with it’, and instead of reading all of this and taking nothing at all from it, ‘let’s forget we read it all together’, there are far easier ways to be inspired than to listen to some guy, high on life who simply can’t sleep.



Here's the video I referred to at the beginning of the post:



1 comment:

  1. You totally busted me... I am indeed sitting here with a "I'm the shizzle" smile on my face....
    Good words my friend, good words!

    ReplyDelete