Tuesday 21 June 2011

Blog gaps

Pic from: nsecertas.blogspot.com

The gap between blogs May/June isn’t down to breaking the base of several metacarpals or damaging capitates, it’s not because the world suddenly ended and I’ve come back from the future to devise a way to tell everyone why in one fell swoop whilst at the same time prevent it from happening – I’m not dazed or depressed, worried or confused, going through an early mid-life crisis, addicted to internet shopping or denouncing the benefits of using words because they get in the way of actions – nooope! None of the above.

Getting involved in a personal project and taking time out to immerse myself within it has taken me away from blogging. When I say personal project I’m not talking primarily about writing either. It encompasses so much more that I can’t begin to express it and the only other person who is aware, although not completely, is my HoneyChops (loosely translated means ‘girlfriend’ but sounds more like a tasty meal, which works too).

All that aside, I have missed blogging as well as joining in with the collective at Indie Ink. The upside to writing under the II banner is that it keeps you writing, keeps you pushing to be creative and allows you to sample work from other writers. People give their opinions on your work and you can comment on theirs and it’s a nice arena to go absolutely crazy to play around in. So … I just convinced myself to go back to it soon. Sometimes I don’t need to talk myself into something, I can always write myself into it instead.

In relation to the II-Challenge I have only been following two other writers although there are usually over thirty or so to choose from. If I had the extra time to read the rest I would, and that’s not to say that the two I follow are any better than everyone else but, I like the way their pieces flow, so I find myself on their blogs reading their work. The two I’m referring to are Jan/Janani and Lisa aka RandomGirl.

I paused for about ten minutes after the last full-stop to read several other blog entries from other IndieInkers, it just felt right, at the time.

You could say I’m back in my blogging seat but I can’t officially say that I’ll be staying here and I’m not trying to say that I’m taking down my blog or moving to pastures green, I’m just saying that every now and then I’ll call “cut” and take a small break, just not a three week long hiatus.

I just read all of that back to myself and it sounds like I’m addressing followers to my blog numbering in the hundreds, thousands – the reality is 16, but there’s a lot to love about reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment