Wednesday 4 May 2011

May the 4th be with you ...

Several people have noticed that I haven't blogged much about anything (I noticed as well that I used 'blogged' like it was a verb, an actual word in fact!). This online persona that isn't any different from the real me is slowly being diluted by online terminology. Soon I'll be infected by 'text-talk' and once that happens it's time to call it a day. All the training I did for the Copy-editing/Proofreading course in 2010 has taken a severe knock as I'm seeing more and more of my prose realxing into a state of permanent tranquility. Er, not good!

There have been two weeks worth of bank holidays and the nation has embraced all the time they've had off work. I know this from my FB Hompage with updates such as: "Whoo hoo! No work for a week." or "Yeah - the boss can shove it for a few days, I'm off to the garden!" and the list goes on ...

I took the opportunity to cut away from writing and instead of sitting at the desk when I had moments to myself, I was calling/visiting people, or, making getting them to visit me.
I had some great days with my son in the sunshine, with the missus doing shopping and taking in the sunshine, and with both of them, er, taking in more sunshine. She bought me a pair of skates too! She's the best!



I can't actually wear them yet for obvious reasons - until then I look at them from time to time, longing for the day I get to put them to use.

I took the plunge and got Sky Digital back in the front room, so I'm all HD'd up, free movie channels and sports, plus my favourite channel right now, ESPN.

Can anyone say: LIVE COVERAGE OF THE NBA PLAYOFFS?!

I plan to have a few nights at the 'crib' (the place where I live) watching the finals with friends/family or whoever wants to come, provided they supply their own snacks.

Did I mention my boiler has been fixed! If not - WHOOOP DEE DOO! I have running hot water again and will never take having it for granted ever again. Every time I feel it on my skin I take pressure off the fosset so there's more left over for everyone else (being me, the masked avenger and the missus).

Being back at work isn't as painful as I thought it would be. Even though everyone is being made redundant all around me, and I'm not safe either, I have a sense that whatever happens next will lead to something special.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had some lovely moments in the last week. That is in and of itself, special!

    ReplyDelete