Thursday 5 May 2011

The legitimate shakedown

Pic from: stockazoo.com
 
Thought I'd write a quick blog from my phone, at work, on the fly.
I haven't done this in a while because I'm so conscious about spelling and grammar sometimes and I often miss things when working off the CrackBerry.

In regards to a recent piece of work I did, I'm yet to be paid. The invoice went in sometime in March so you'd think payment would have been taken care of - nooooope.
Even though I can manage with the money I'd rather use the extra cash to soak up a few of my regular outgoings leaving me a cushion for the next few months *sigh*.

Now ... the same company want me to do more work for them. Please take into account that the first contract was based on a workshop I created and ran for them, so surely a little recognition in the form of £'s is due prior to any further labour.
Currently I have a month to complete the work of two people that usually three months is a minimum time frame for a consultation this big. I'll do it, probably hit the deadline, but as the story goes, not get a bonus from my employers, and the kicker is; I won't even ask for one.

Why?

I have plans of the grander nature and there's nothing like building a glowing CV to shake more cash out of a money tree.
I can say these things I hope ... my blog isn't comprehensively read by millions of people, so I can safely rant/vent and complain for a little while longer. Or at least I hope so.

I'm looking for a groovy way to end my blogs. As you can see I'm yet to discover one ...

No comments:

Post a Comment