Friday 22 April 2011

Things you might find spring cleaning ...

Why is this the first time that I'm on my laptop all day. 11.30pm and I've managed to keep my fingers quiet up until now.
The sun was out and I really wanted to get some shorts and t-shirts for my son and myself.
We went to a few stores before we settled on clothes that looked good, and fit nicely. I still think my son should have bought the Transformers t-shirt. I might buy one for myself.





Now that's the kind of t-shirt worth spending a few pennies on. I went with a plain option (grey with stripes) and I like it almost as much as having an Autobots tee.

After lunch the manchild went to his grandparents, I went home to blitz over ten years worth of documentation. I started that at 4pm and only just finished. On the plus side everything I've done between now and 1995 is in a safe place, categorised and labelled.

Going through my stuff I found this:



I think this was taken in 2005 or roughly around that time. I don't like taking pictures but I think I look quite cool in this one. I'm pretty sure no one but me (and now you) has seen this - feeling special? Well ... are you?

Here's a quick list of other things I found:

  • Key-rings
  • Used flight tickets
  • Condoms (unused, you naughty people)
  • Handcuffs
  • Notepads
  • Batteries
  • A compromising picture of my friend with a stripper on his stag night
  • Cheque books
  • A tiny family living in an old shoe box
  • Paper clips
  • A short story

Personally I thought it was awesome that I found paper clips, I needed a few of those the other day.

2 comments:

  1. I love finding lost or forgotten treasures when I get around to really really cleaning stuff out. I always find at least one really surprising thing. Love the pic, quite handsome! Love the Transformers T-shirt as well. I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so cool when you lay your hands on something surprising isn't it?!

    I'll find a new home for that family too shortly! ;-)

    ReplyDelete