Monday 25 April 2011

Bank Holiday Shenanigans

Pic from: makeminebolero.co.uk
 
Serving several masters is feasible, often unrealistic, but not impossible. 

I've forgiven myself the shame of missing a day of writing on my blog. I don't even have an excuse that will stand up in a you-must-blog-on-a-daily-basis court of law. I lack an apology and the ability to care past the feeling that I should care (that line makes no sense to me either right now, but I'm keeping it in there). What happened was I said to self; "Don't blog today. Take a day off and enjoy the sunshine!" So I did. The urge to whip out the CrackBerry was draining my body of much needed energy but, I held fast to my decision and at the risk of breaking a promise, I gave my blog 'air'.

Yep I felt two shades of guilty about that move, which in hindsight is a good thing.

SO, WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING THAT WAS SO IMPORTANT (not that you really care or need to know)? 
I was running errands for my mum mainly, and catching up on some reading, plus practicing on the keys. I can play this now:

Yep, I learned the entire arrangement (not in one day, I'm not D.A.R.Y.L ya know). It took about a two days but I'm adding tiny inflections and additional notes here and there to spice it up. Before you ask, I can't read music, but I can play by ear; which I'm grateful for. Mum and dad spent £4000 on a piano twenty years ago for my brother and he barely touched it. I used to use it every chance I got because often he wouldn't let me. That's probably why I own this now:

 
Chloe, my baby!



Her name is Chloes (as per the caption). Yeah! I named my keyboard. It felt natural. Right. She's been with me for about five years now and they've been some of the best years of my life. Coming home to her everyday feels great, like Christmas morning, only every day.

Aside from feeling up Chloe, I went shopping with me son and spent some cash on needed home improvements. 


Like most people in London at the moment, I'm happy. The weather has been beautiful for a whole week and although I listened in geography classes enough to know it won't last much longer, I'm still embracing the vibe the sunshine has me riding and refuse to get off!

Wherever you are, whoever you are, I hope you're happy too, and if you're not add me on Twitter (stefslines) for the kind of randomness that'll put a smile on your face.

Take care for now, and sweet dreams if it's bedtime!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by. I am glad you liked the story.Thank you for 'starring' it on Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was well worth a few more stars Debra!

    I love that I'm exposed to such a wealth of talented writers. Your story had me reading between the lines.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete