Tuesday 1 February 2011

Mystical biscuits

It's Tuesday afternoon so that means I'm at work sneaking in a blogpost between writing case studies – shh, don’t let my manager know.
Why am I hear risking … well, I’m not really risking much actually. Now I think about it I’m writing this in a Word document so it looks like work. No need to fret then!
I’m here because a couple of biscuits got me a bit hot and bothered. I know, BISCUITS! The frustration of 'free will' is a killer.

The problem is, I made a kick-ass cup of tea and the only way to compliment tea is with a good biscuit or four (they call me ‘Sweet-tooth Jones’ in SE6). At the office we’re well stocked and have a wide range of options that’ll leave crumbs in our laps.
I take the magical cookie case, not a box, a case – out of the cupboard and place it on the table with two hands; it’s a very delicate and sacred ritual we undergo at teatime. Note I am yet to mention that we wear robes like monks in a monastery when we make tea.  

I digress. 

I open the case and a brilliant flash of wind accompanied by a startling golden glow hits me square in the face. The mixture of various biscuit recipes fills the room and several hands stop punching at their keyboards immediately. Three other workers run to the cloakroom for their robes as I rub my eyes and try to look past the spots and shadows in my vision. 

There, underneath a mountain of goodness are the Digestives and Custard Creams. The decision is a tough one and legend has it that a guru once spent seven and a half years gazing into this very case meditating on which biscuit to have with his cuppa. Legend also states that when he finally made his choice the tea he’d made was still piping hot and none of the biscuits had past their sell-by-dates.

My conundrum may appear trivial to some but as we all stand in our garments huddled around the sacred case I notice someone has bought Maryland Chocolate Chip Cookies.

DAMN IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment