Monday 31 January 2011

Why do people hate Mondays and chase Fridays?



I've always tried to avoid conversations about 'looking forward to the end of the week'. It's a Monday morning conversation that probably 99.9% of the UK workforce gets involved in because they are scared of doing any work in the first place.
If everyone could party hard all week and still get money coming into their bank account each month I'm pretty sure the streets of London would be littered with glow-sticks and random unconscious people left idly by the night before (yes, the night has feelings too and will leave you in some random place that smells of sweat and urine).

Why does everyone pray for Friday - 5pm?

I catch myself praying for world peace every now and then and even world peace on Friday sometimes, but never actually for Friday evening. It seems a tad redundant to me as it's going to happen anyway. It kinda happens every week, but I don't think the majority have notice yet.

Is it the jobs people are doing they hate or the people, or some deep repressed memory of an awesome Friday that they're trying desperately to relive? Whatever it is, I don't think the sands of time are listening because each week they take the same amount of time to reach their spot in the proverbial hour glass, so I refer back to my notion of: "What's the point in praying for something you're going to get anyway?"

Granted certain people will read this, know they have been wishing for a certainty set in stone and continue to go through the aimless ritual as early as Friday around 9 or 10am.
Well, hopefully everything I just wrote falls on deaf eyes (yes eyes - not a typo). Life just wouldn't be the same without people to chuckle at.

No comments:

Post a Comment