Wednesday 9 February 2011

The art of getting what you want

Have you ever wondered how to get the best results out of people? Of course, books have been written on the subject, seminars, lectures etc ... When was the last time you gave it a go?

It dawned on me recently that I was doing this very thing without any prior prompting or training. Maybe it's because I'm manipulative and devious at heart. My desires don't always come from a good place but getting what I want has never been an issue.

Doesn't all of that speak to a necessary change. I should be using my mutant powers for good not evil, shouldn't I?
Fact remains that a little encouragement and the right kind of approach usually gets individuals to spin off in directions to your liking, so is it a bad thing what I'm able to do?

The trick is to know the people you're dealing with. Their likes, dislikes. What they value. All these aspects taken into account and used when needed can mould outcomes. It's tricky when confronted with someone as slippery as yourself but that's a recipe for fun.

I can't say I'm completely aware of where all of that came from. I go to places in my head and can't be held responsible for what I bring back.

No comments:

Post a Comment