Monday 10 February 2014

Inspired by a 'random' blogger!


Before I say anything about anything, I want you all to know that this blogpost is dedicated to my RandomGirl doing her thing and inspiring me to write (unbeknownst to her) after a very long hiatus.

Between working, studying, training and setting up my business, the roller-coaster ride of happenings and misadventures has been epic, and where I may not be able to convey it all in a single 'post' I can allude at times to the ridiculousness as I find the allure to put my thoughts on the interwebs far too erm... alluring.

Recent events: have found me field-testing a piece of kit for the founder/creator of the Ab-MXR with my clients and then giving feedback directly. In addition to that there's a good chance I'll be called upon to do demonstrations/presentations and generally show off the gear and shamelessly - myself. It's a golden opportunity to be vain and being something I've never fully embraced without a keen sense of irony; I'm going to grab this situation by the brass nuts and tug really hard. Expect shameless selfies people, and I'm talking SHAMELESS!

All that aside, how is everyone out there? I sincerely would like to know, even if you don't comment and simply send a telepathic vibration, it would be good to feel if not hear from you at the very least.
Currently right now writing this on a train heading home slightly miffed that I couldn't get a seat and there's a heavy leg workout in my not too distant future... Standing here has given me pause to contemplate how as 'in-towners' we're able to spot 'out-of-towners' right away. Is it the way they move, how they dress? Do, we have a heightened sense of smell at key times during the day and more importantly, how was it I was able to tell the two girls standing next to me spoke another language?
Does anyone else have these thoughts or am I on my own here?

As journeys go, this one is pretty much uneventful and the only thing keeping me from falling asleep on my feet is the regular snapping of my left little finger that I'm sure has a serious case of arthritis firmly imbedded in the joint - with each snap, crackle, pop I resist the urge to curse several hundred very bad words - you know the kinds of words that cause friends to shun you, when you walk by; shop keepers flip the 'open' sign to 'closed' and you find it generally difficult to form meaningful relationships, well... that's where I'm at, on the verge of swearing myself into oblivion. But, seeing as I've had what passes for a very good day, I can hold off alienating myself and rub the joint warm to stave the red mist.

Forgive me, it's been a long time since I ended a blog, I'm a little out of practice and a little annoyed I went on a rant just now, but current events prevailed.

Let me end how I started, it's probably for the best all things considered. So to my Random Homie, thanks for bringing me back... we met in a virtual pit of IndieInk (she will totally know what I mean by that) and I'm happy that social media has kept us just a mouse click away from a smile.  


There are times when I'm away from my keyboard, starved of pen a paper, but something always brings me back...


2 comments:

  1. This is long overdue, but thank you for writing your words again! I take zero credit for getting you back here though, you certainly don't need me to get you motivated, you are an amazing man in all ways, not just writing. And you get my fave song to wrap up the post? Love it! Keep doing you, you sexy beast!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun has set over here but after reading your comment it's come back out and, only for me!
    I got seriously lucky finding you on the interwebs, and though modesty won't permit you to take credit, you thoroughly deserve it. When you write you're consistently honest and fearless, and I hope that one day I can be half as brave a writer as you are right now!
    You're always going to be my inspiration because you truly are a special someone... (a damn HOTT someone at that) but a super-fantastic woman! xXx

    ReplyDelete