Thursday 12 April 2012

Question yourself?


Found via Google Images at: pxleyes.com


Hi all, for the IndieInk Writing Challenge I was prompted by, Leo with: 'I am a Hallucination.' I challenged, Bran with: 'I blamed it on the kids.' 


It often begins with hope.

I’m the thing that gets you through the worst moments of your life and I’m also the beast that got you there in the first place. 

I’m your worst nightmare.  Every time you look in the mirror there’s a chance you’ll see me; in that moment where you think you saw something and weren’t sure if it was fact or fiction. 

When all else fails you turn to me, not by choice, or design; yet I always prove useful. 

I can make your wildest dreams come true and you blandest dreams wild.

In everything there’s a little piece of me, in everyone there’s potential for me to make an appearance.  I love to make you doubt.
I’m at my best when you’ve had the greatest, most amazing time of your life, and then settle down to more mundane, mediocre, time-wasting activities.  I treat those moments as an invitation. I appear like a preview to your impending madness.  All the while I reassure you that there’s no escaping my grip, no deviation from the specter, the ghoul, the moving inanimate object that is chipping away at your sanity.

I’m as real as I need to be to make you question reality.

Next time you turn to look at something very quickly, and, in that flash of movement where your eyes are out of focus, in that brief interlude that barely encompasses the blink of an eye, you’ll find me -- waiting, for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!! You are back! I missed your words, my friend! You can back big time on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM, I AM; and it feels GOOD! Thanks Randy! Xx

      Delete