Thursday 28 April 2011

My Adidas Addiction

It's something that I'm not ashamed to admit. Yes! I'm addicted to Top Tens, but not the kind you're thinking of.
I don't listen to the radio every Sunday afternoon for the 'weekly chart' rundown. I don't buy OK Magazine and skip to the 'top ten's' of masses of useless information.

NO!

I love a different, more exciting Top Ten. Drum Roll please ...




BAM!


Adidas Top Ten 2000.jpg

Above are the Adidas Top Ten 2000s. We have a lot of history together. They are the second pair of trainers I've ever dunked in and the most comfortable item of footwear I have ever had the privilege of putting on my feet. The pair I had was way back in 1997 and Kobe Bryant (back when he wore #8). AWESOME TIMES, weren't they?
The pair I had back then look like this:


BOOOSH!


Adidas Top Ten 2000s mines.jpg

Yeeeeup! I still have those babies. Throw them away you say, never! As long as I draw breath I will keep hold of my babies.
I ordered another pair a few days ago from Ebay. Thinking, as they were coming from the US they'd take a Utah-minute to get here I dialled down my excitement level.
THEY CAME TODAY, WHOOP!


POW!

Adidas Top Ten 2000 newest.jpg

For greater clarification on how much I love these trainers please see the pic below:

Adidas Top Ten 2000 Gold.jpg

Yes - he has a black and gold pair too ...

I could say that ladies buy tons of shoes so it's not any different; in some futile attempt to defend my harmless addiction, but it IS different. These are Top Ten 2000s, TOP TEN 2000s! I'm yet to wear any of the new additions besides trying them on. I'm looking forward to playing in them sometime soon!

It just doesn't get any better than this!

3 comments:

  1. I had to google Top 10 2000s. They look mighty cool! So do you cycle through them when you play? Well I think basketball shoes are not a bad addiction to have. Enjoy your shoes. The black and gold ones look fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest Jan, I haven't played in any of them yet. I'm recovering from triple hernia surgery (28th March 2011) so my core is still very sore. But ... I wouldn't cycle through them, I'd only use them when playing 'league games'. I have two pairs of Nike that I use only for training and a pair of Jordans that I wear for outdoor use.

    Yeah, I'm a bit of an addict - ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I hope you feel better soon and start playing!
    That is a lot of shoes. :) My feet like Adidas and whenever I try to buy shoes, I end up buying Adidas

    ReplyDelete