Saturday 26 February 2011

Making use of the ears

Why bitch and moan about people coming to you with problems? Granted it could get to be a bit much at times if you have no way of taking it all in without expelling the negative chi safely - saying that it's better to listen and help than listen and ignore.
In all honesty I don't have time for lots of people so I'm never constantly in contact with hundreds of friends throughout the week. I won't print a list of souls that have my attention at a moment’s notice, but I will say they number in the few, several of them have no idea they're in the VIP section in my mind’s eye.

As mentioned I listen and do my best not to say the things that will sound good but opt for the things that don't sound particularly uplifting. If it's one thing I've learnt is that, when someone opens up to you, choose not to tell lies but give them the truth and if they ask for your opinion and it stings then don't hold back. Be tactful in your delivery without losing the emphasis in the words.
It's been about three times, possibly four this week that I've had someone confide in me and each time I've given the pro and cons and even simply said "I really can't advise on the subject, it's up to you." And often it is up to the individual where they can't for whatever reason handle the situation without a gentle nudge.
I love to help, it's a good feeling. Yeah, I take on a bit much and get worn down mentally, but knowing that the resulting factor is another person walked away feeling that little bit perkier, makes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment