Wednesday 19 January 2011

What I couldn't say on Facebook!



Some days, like today, my work gets murky. I can't really go into detail due to being bound by confidentiality, red tape and the general desire to stay employed, though I will say - as an echo of my recent Facebook status - there are times when certain cases make me want to scream and cut off my air supply simultaneously.
I managed to get over it quite quickly and strolled back into the office as though I hadn't had a four-second-nervous-breakdown and sat at my desk ignoring a stray thought telling me to look up the easiest way to nitrate toluene and mix it with sulphuric and nitric acid (for the geeks out there that love chemistry, YES I AM SERIOUS).
I was asked to divulge my status outburst and chose not to in keeping with data protection, confid-yada yada yada, I really wanted to let rip the story.

Running away from that subject - it was cold in the office, so cold I surrounded myself with heaters, kept my coats on (COATS ON) and wrote another beast of a case study before receiving another referral that I would inevitably deal with before going home.

When I did finally exit the premises I took the bus home in light of walking all the way to the Peckham office from my flat this morning. "Where's your flat Stef?" Far away innit, but the walk was crispy cold, I had my tunes playing through the headset to the BlackBerry and I didn't have to sit on a bus with sour looking people angry that they have to go into the place they spent however long hunting down, to impress at interview maybe fake a reference and suck up to someone who is half their age and reminds them of it constantly.

I digressed a bit ... HOME - glad to be heading in that direction finally (I'll never tell you the exact location), various reminders popping off on my calendar telling me to buy certain things before getting there.
The hallway was warm on stepping past the front door and I hadn't eaten all the cheese in the fridge so my buddies, Olives and Crackers got acquainted once again.

Even though I was off the clock I still got two calls on the 'work line' took them and followed up with several work-related emails to ensure tomorrow's events have a chance to run smoothly.

Bring me my goblet and grapes and let me retire to my throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment